Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cloth?

I am thinking about trying cloth diapers. I have been going back and fourth with the idea of going cloth for a few months now. The thing that drew me to them was the cost. especially, since we are thinking about having another baby the savings can be as much as $1,000 with one baby and just goes up with ever child you use them on. Because they make them so well these days they supposedly can last through a few kids.

My kids only wear pampers which just happen to be the most expensive brand! I tried a cheaper brand and Noah now has a wicked rash that has spread to anywhere the diaper touches his skin, including the outside of the diaper!!! That got me thinking about the chemicals in the diaper that are giving him a rash and honestly I am NOT ok with those chemicals on his skin!

Cloth diapering obviously is a commitment not only time wise but the initial investment is usually $200-$300 so you can build up a good stash.

Does anyone have any advice on getting started, best place to buy, best brand to use? I would love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. No advice. I don't have kids :) But I was a cloth diaper baby! Along with my 4 siblings. As long you don't mind touching MORE poo than you do now (which I'm sure doesn't phase you in the slightest), then it's a great money saver! And no chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends has 4 kids and used cloth diapers on all of them. I think they make it a lot easier to wash them now.. its not like it used to be. And maybe Noah wont like them and he'll potty train quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to talk to Jasmine about it. She is the cloth diaper queen. But when we did it for Edie I liked using the basic plastic diaper cover and t grip. I do not recommend G diapers. They are cute, but the plain plastic ones were my pick.

    ps... I know about Charlie, and I am sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://formetocoupon.blogspot.com/2011/04/cloth-diaper-deals.html

    ReplyDelete