Wednesday, June 16, 2010

and the award for worst mom ever goes to....

seriously, worst. mom. ever. today!

my little sassy girl who just to clarify, in all her life has had all of one ear infection was complaining the past five days of ear pain.

before you get all, "omg joanna, five days!?!" on me, let me explain. every time she would complain it would be when she was swimming or taking a bath. she would stop and say, " mommy my ear hurts." before i could even ask which ear she would be over it. so i thought, oh she just has water in her ear and doesn't like the feeling and doesn't know any other word for it then it hurts. so we went on with our life.

well today she was a total hot mess, whiny, clingy, low appetite and energy so when she said, "mommy my ear hurts." i thought hmmm maybe we should get you checked out and wouldn't you know the poor kid has full blown double ear infections!

it took the doctor all of a quick glance in her ear for him to say and i quote, "oh man, you sure do have an ear infection in there!"

i don't know who felt worse when we left gracie or i. probably me. when we left i was trying to hide my embarrassed red face behind my sunglasses while grace skipped out of the office because she got a sponge bob sticker.

worst. mom. ever.

2 comments:

  1. Nah, I think we all have had those moments. Don't beat yourself up over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna. you are NOT a bad mom at all... it's not like you have an otoscope hanging on your wall at home and can check your kids ears all that easily. don't worry. you're an AWESOME mom!

    ReplyDelete