Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mr. Mom

Some Saturday's Joanna goes to work as a hairdresser at Lasting Image Salon. It has been off and on since she graduated. She started in 2006 and then got pregnant with Grace and became very sick, so she stopped shortly after graduating. Then she tried starting back up a few months after Grace was born. She mainly does friends and family. She doesn't do much promoting and is fine with the clients she has (I always give her a hard time about this, even though I don't mean it). When she started back up working, she was only working one day a week on Saturday's. So this day became my one day alone with Grace. As a first time Dad, it was a little scary. I think most dads can understand me when I say this. It isn't that I didn't love spending time with Grace, it was the fact that all the other times, I could have fun with her and then when she cried or needed to eat, I could give her back to Joanna.

Well this is what led me to my blog post. As you already know, we now have two kids. And yes, Joanna is back working again. Although it has seemed to slow down a little, some Saturday's are packed with people. Obviously since the Holidays are here, everyone needed something done this past Saturday. So this left me home alone now with TWO kids! I have been home alone before with them both, but it is usually for only 2 or 3 hours. Joanna was gone for 6 hours yesterday! Having nothing planned and the weather as cold as it was, we were pretty much stranded. I think I did a great job entertaining them, feeding them, playing with them and keeping the house in order. But I definitely got a look into what Joanna goes through (and all stay at home moms or single parents) on a day to day basis. Even though I had a blast and it was nothing like my work, it still was a tough job.

Out of the three of us, I think it was hardest on Noah though. He hasn't been away from his mom for that long ever (no exaggeration). When Joanna came back after being gone for those 6 hours, he couldn't help himself but smile and laugh. It obviously made him so excited to see her again, but I think it made Joanna even happier to be home.

Luckily she doesn't have to do that everyday or even once a week. I think we are both glad we have each other and very thankful that we have the two best kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment