Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I don't have time for this....

I don't have time for this, I don't have time for this.

This is exactly what was going through my mind yesterday while I was sitting on an examining table at Wellington Orthopedics when the Doctor told me, " I think you tore your Meniscus." Come again? I have a torn meniscus, are you kidding? I have two babies, laundry to do, Play dates to keep and not to mention I am just getting into a work out routine.

Then I asked, afraid to hear the answer, what do I do for this? Well, he says, "First we will try two weeks of physical therapy." Woo there hard charger, I don't think you heard me before I have two babies. There is no way I can swing a sitter three times a week for the next two weeks. Lets split the difference. "OK how about you go once get the exercises and do them on your own?" Alright now we are getting somewhere, I can do that.

What do we do if that doesn't work? "Then I order an MRI, and if I am right and your Meniscus is torn we do Surgery." I think the sound I made was something like this Bahhhhhhhhh.

After I composed myself. he then proceeds to give me a cortisone shot to help with the pain.

Have you ever had one? well let me tell you, sweet baby Jesus did it hurt! It was sort of like pushing peanut butter through a syringe (about three hundred years long) into my knee. Now I am no baby. I have had my share of pain, several broken bones, two knee surgery's (knee opposite the one in question) not to mention two kids, but this was some serious pain!

So know I am just praying that these exercises work because surgery is defiantly not going to jive with my schedule.....

To be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment