Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WebTec Interactive

Last year I joined up with some friends to start our own web design company. A year later, it has been much bigger than I ever thought it would get. It is now just me and my partner Chris Fischesser. We have decided this year to take our company to a new level and sort of start fresh. We are changing our company name to WebTec Interactive and we are coming up with a new design and logo. We are in the midst of building the site and should hopefully be done soon. All we need now is some content (which is by far the hardest thing to come up with). We raised our rates to try and get a little closer to the web design average (yet we are still well under it). We hope by doing all of this, we will start being taken seriously and hopefully someday down the road, we might be able to do this full-time or even combine with my current company CG, if we ever get big enough.

Either way, the journey has taught me so much about partnership, how much goes into a company and how much work you don't even see before you get into everything. Like the sales, accounting, designing, development, etc. When you are use to just doing one job, you don't really take into account that you have to do it all if you are the only ones in your company. Joanna has been great and supportive (not so much at first), and she has dealt with my long days at CG and then my long nights working for WebTec.

If you know of anyone that might be interested in a new website, email campaign, e-commerce site, brochure, hosting their website, etc... let us know. We are hopefully going to get busy soon with the start of a new year. We have a lot of prospects that want a new site in 2010, so hopefully it will be an even better year than last year!

http://www.web-tectonics.com (current site)
http://webtec.wt-demo.com (new site still in development)

ps: I love Noah and I know he will do great today getting his tubes. That is where I am headed now and he is all I have been thinking about today. I am so glad that he makes everyone smile as much as he makes us smile. Thank you everyone for the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment