Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Priceline Negotiator

I think Priceline was invented for people like me. It is sort of addicting, name your OWN price?! Amazing ... I am one of those people that will research something to death before purchasing it, and that is what I did for my hotel in Chicago.



If you don't know by now, Joanna and I are going on a little trip to Chicago for two days. We have never went on a vacation alone together and never went on a honeymoon. So we are looking forward to it to say the least.



But back to Priceline, if you don't know it at all, you go on and you can either take one of their offered good deals, or take your chances on bidding on a specific area and hoping you get a good hotel. We could have taken some good hotels in our area for about $90/night, but instead I decided to just risk it. I put in 4 star hotels in the area we wanted to be in (right near the Magnificent Mile). I started off by looking what others were bidding and started to just type in really know numbers. I put in $40 and it said I had a small chance of getting something so then I kept putting in a little more until I got to $52/night, then that little saying went away. So I figured that meant I had a pretty good shot. So I put that in yesterday, but got rejected. It was a little rough, but I pushed through :D .... So then today I went back (since you have to wait 24 hours or change your date, location or star value) and this time I put in $60. And I got it! I booked our reservation for two nights at the Sheraton which is a pretty good one I hear. The same hotel is $87/night right now on Priceline and the average hotel price is $150/night, so I think we made out like bandits.



As you can tell I am very excited, not only did we get an amazing deal, but Joanna and I get to spend a whole two days just the two of us. I don't even care if we get to go out and do anything, at least we will be able to sleep in and not wake up to an alarm or a baby. We will definitely miss our beautiful babies, we don't leave them for very long periods at a time, so that will definitely be hard, but they will be in good hands.

Ten days and counting ....

No comments:

Post a Comment