Tuesday, May 25, 2010

getting into the grove

summer is in full swing over here. we went swimming today for the first time at my mom's pool and it was glorious.

my parents pool is the best swim club in the world. its free. i keep all my pool supplies, swim diapers, floaties, sunscreen and suits at my moms so when we decide to go, we just go. my mom always has food and drinks, also free. i have five brothers and a sister (have i ever mentioned that?) so there is always and i mean always someone there to help wrangle the kids, do potty runs and sit inside with a baby that has had enough of the sun. also, my mom (aka gaga) is a school nurse so she is home all summer!

we have so many good times in store for us this summer i can hardly stand it. lots of popsicles on the front porch with the neighbor kids, black feet from running barefoot on the blacktop, grilling cheeseburgers and hot dogs long past normal dinner time because your having to much fun to stop and make supper and catching fireflies in the back yard in pj's.

i am hoping to make up for the lack of fun that was had last summer because half of it i was hugely pregnant and the other half i was recovering from a c-section. poor gracie. and by gracie i mean me ;) by the look on her face i think she has forgiven me.



IMG_2167

No comments:

Post a Comment