Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cyclones Mania!

Last night I went to the last regular season game of the Cincinnati Cyclones. It was a blast! I have always enjoyed hockey more than most non-playing Americans, but enjoy going to the games much more than watching them on TV.



I went with my mom because everyone else was exhausted from the Zoo earlier in the day or not feeling well. We met up with my Uncle Ed and Aunt Claire and sat with them until they got kicked out of their seats and had to move.

The main reason we went was because $5 of our ticket price went to Walk Now For Autism Speaks. Since my mom pre-ordered 5 tickets, it would have been a waste not to go. It was also $1 everything night, beers, pizza, hot dogs and even $.50 popcorn.

The place was PACKED, it was an awesome atmosphere. I have been to other games where you can pretty much sit where ever you want, but not last night. The only open seats were WAY up at the top or in sections that were closed for some reason. Our seats were about 8 rows up from the ice in the west end behind the goal. It was awesome being that close.



There were 4 or 5 fights and about 6 goals, you couldn't ask for more than that at a hockey game. The only thing I didn't like were the 20-30 minute intermissions. They just seemed to go on FOREVER. We didn't end up getting out of there until 10:30 and the game started at 7:30. I am planning to take Grace to one of their playoff games this week or next weekend, but I am worried she won't make it the entire game, 10:30 is VERY late for her ... so we may have to leave after the 2nd period.

I hope it will be as packed as this game throughout the playoffs and I hope people will want to join me in attending. Let me know if you are interested and we can pick a game for the first round of playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment