Thursday, April 29, 2010

Noah, the extrovert

Noah is just like me, his daddy. He loves people and can't turn away a party. Last night we went to my aunts house for my mom's 50th bday dinner/party. Noah doesn't come out to these night events often, and now we know why. We kept him out till close to 10 PM last night, when his normal bedtime is 6:30-7. He did awesome and was loving everyone. He was dancing and jumping around and of course smiling the whole time. Occasionally he would show his tiredness by putting his thumb in his mouth and cuddling up with someone's shoulder. But then he would see something or hear something and bounce back up for more. Even on the 15 minute ride home he didn't fall asleep, afraid of missing out on something (he usually falls asleep on a 2 minute car ride).

Well, last night, he was up at 2 and 4 AM. Lucky for me, Noah is Joanna's kid during the night : D (Grace slept great!). But I honestly believe that he was only waking up because he was still on a high from the party and was wanting it to continue. Either that or he just didn't want to miss anything.

As I was leaving for work this morning around 8:30 (yes I know I'm lucky) he was finally quieting down in his bed after Joanna laid him down around 7:30 for his first nap since he got up for the morning at 6:30. I am not sure how long he stayed asleep but I do know I received an image of him all dressed for the day at 10:15. And I already knew, after seeing the picture, that Joanna had already forgiven him for last night. But how could she not:


This was from a different house we were at last week:

1 comment:

  1. He was up at 6am not 630 and he has been crabby all day. Noah has lost all staying up past bedtime privileges untill further notice.

    ReplyDelete