Thursday, April 29, 2010

What is wrong with me.....

Lately I have been obsessed with "upgrading" my life. "what does this mean joanna?" you might ask. it means that i am constantly thinking about adding another baby to our little family of four and that i can't stop looking at new houses and cars, so on and so forth. this morning when i woke up the wheels started turning again with things that i need in my life. suddenly, i thought what is wrong with me? i have a wonderful life. my house while it may be small, is super cute if i do say so myself. my car is seriously only 4yrs old and has a ridicules low millage on it. and hello have you seen my children? they are absolutely perfect.

so what is it that makes me feel so much discontent? why do i feel like i need to constantly improve instead of being thankful for what i have?

while i was contemplating my short comings and surfing the web i came across this post on one of my favorite blogs. after reading this i decided that starting today i am going to focus on enjoying what i have and stop thinking of what i don't. because honestly i don't need anything more. i have a beautiful, healthy family. i have a house to live in and a car to drive. i keep thinking of that raffi song, all i need. do you know the song? here are some of the lyrics:

"All I Really Need is a Song in my Heart

Food in my belly and love in my Family
All I Really Need is a Song in my Heart
And love in my family"

i don't know about you but i think raffi knows his shit.*
*
sorry

2 comments:

  1. Your're right! Yoru children are beautiful! Kiss them and squeeze them everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last part made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete