Friday, April 16, 2010

Thriving to Surviving

We had a good week. The kids and I did lots of fun things including, the Zoo twice, the library, the park and two lunch dates. Not to mention the countless hours we spent playing in the circle and running through the sprinkler. Weeks like this I feel like I am totally thriving as a mother. It makes the wheels in my brain start to turn with thoughts of more kids, new feild trips and fun crafts.

Then I have days like today..... and I am literally only surviving. Noah is crabby because he is getting new teeth and Gracie has spent the better half of the day in time out. I just keep telling my self, "I will make it through this day. I will make it through this day."

It is amazing how motherhood can make you feel like you are on top of the world one day and the bottom of a dirty shoe the next.

Corey, if you are reading this, please come home. It is imperative to my mental health that you return home so I can catch my breath. I would love to go out on the town with my girlfriends but I will settle for a shower, with the bathroom door closed. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you survived your Friday. :) Thanks for the comment on the slide show. I have a Mac, I totally know how to make slide shows on it, but how to put it on blogger....??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you girl!
    you are like a fresh drink of water to me--you say it like it is; regardless...that is a gift, a gift i do not have...i love you and your honesty...and your kids...but i might be biased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tracey- After you make the slide show you have to export it into a file onto your hard drive. Then you can upload it, burn it or whatever.

    ReplyDelete