Sunday, March 14, 2010

Romantic dinner for two... or three

First off, our little sassy girl is still sick. For the past five days we have been camped out on the couch like this watching whatever her little sick heart desires. I took her back to the doctor this morning and she has bronchitis. So hopefully she will be feeling better within the next 24hrs, once her medicine takes affect.
IMG_6833
As much as I adore snuggling with my first born baby. I can't wait for her to feel better and turn back into the bubbly, bouncy, two year old we know and love.

Noah is feeling much better. Besides, the ear infection we just discovered this morning. He is back to normal crawling around, talking his gibberish and enjoying playing with any toy he wants, because his sister doesn't have the energy to take them away.IMG_6858
I think it's safe to say he is not looking forward to his sister getting back to normal.

With all this sickness happening in our house Corey and I decided to have romantic dinner night. Romantic dinner is basically what happens when you have two babies and you can't always find a sitter/have money so that you can go out on the town. So we put our babies to bed early, light candles and cook yummy dinner at home and pretend we are at a fancy restaurant, in our jammies.

Everything was ready for our dinner, candles lit, and a delicious dinner of steak, potato's and asparagus.
IMG_6942IMG_6892IMG_6886IMG_6894

Then a little voice said, "mommy can I have some too?" After I picked my self up out of the puddle I had melted into, I said, "well of course you can baby girl. It will be a date for Daddy and his best girls."

So the three of us had a romantic dinner. Well, as romantic as it could be since the first thing Gracie said when we sat down to our candlelit date was, "turn the lights on I can't see!" And because she has her Daddy (maybe mommy too) wrapped around her little finger we turned on the lights. And when she didn't like the steak potato's and asparagus I served. We gave her a Popsicle.
IMG_6937

It was hands down, the best date I have ever been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment